Usually dosas need white lentil or urad dal for fermentation etc. today’s dosa has no lentils in it. It’s vegan and gluten free. Coconut and fenugreek seeds are going to help the natural fermentation for this dosa
This is called bun dosa. So why this name? It’s as soft as a bun and hence the name. This batter will not make crispy dosas. It will make soft spongy dosas only. The sweetness of the fresh coconut makes this an abso lip smacking breakfast
Ingredients for batter:
- 1.5 cup raw rice
- 1tsp methi seeds
- 3/4 cup fresh grated coconut
- 3/4 cup raw poha ( not soaked)
- Salt to taste
- For tempering ( optional)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chilly
How to make:
- Soak the rice and methi seeds for 4/5 hours.
- Drain . Add to a grinder. Add the poha and grated coconut along with some water and make a dosa batter. Grind to smooth paste.
- Add salt and ferment overnight or at least 8/9 hours
- Once fermented you could directly make dosas out of this or add the tempering and then make dosa
- Please remember this dosa does not need spreading on the tawa pan. Add one or two dollops( depending on the size you want) and let it spread by itself or lightly help it if needed. Add oil around the dosa. Cover with a lid and let it cook on one side. Once done, flip over and cook the other side.
- Serve this delicious dosa with any gravy ( Kadla curry or brown chickpea gravy) or chutney and podi.