This is a no ferment dosa that can be made quickly but is amazing with the tangy taste of the tomatoes.
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 cup yellow
- 3 medium
- 2 /3 dry red
- 1 inch piece
- 1 onion finely
- 2 tbsp finely
- Salt to taste
How to make:
- Soak the dal and rice for 4-5 hours. Drain all water after soaking.
- In a mixer jar chop the tomatoes, red chilly, ginger and add the soaked dal and rice and grind to a coarse batter.
- Water has to be added only after grinding a bit as the tomatoes have their own water content so you don’t want to make the batter runny by adding too much water in the beginning. Add only if needed.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Just before making dosa add the finely chopped onion and coriander to the batter.
- Serve with coconut chutney or peanut chutney